We participated in the Race Against Hunger run this past weekend. My husband and I used to do these runs all the time but we are seriously out of shape....well, I am. So, instead we opted for the fun run for Allie-Ann. She was so excited to run. I didn't know quite how she would respond to it once we started but she did really well. She had to stop a couple of times but towards the end she really pushed herself to finish. It's amazing to think a 5 year old would have determination because she kept saying, "Mommy, we're almost there, I can see the finish" as she kept running harder. It was pretty cool to see that in her. I was so proud but at the same time I think she thought there would be donuts at the finish. We did reward her efforts with a trip to Krispy Kreme later in the day but for her first fun run, I would say it was a success. Her official time was 11:24 for 1 mile. Maybe...just maybe, there might be another runner in the family.






No comments:
Post a Comment