June 10, 2009

Schools Out for the Summer!!

What a way to kick off the summer than a trip to the beach. Ahhhhhh. My mom and I took Allie-Ann to Kiawah for a couple of days without Kyle. Unfortunately, he had a summer class for work and couldn't come. But...trust me, he had his own little vacation with a free tv, no diaper changes, and r&r. Allie-Ann had another great time at the beach (Thanks Kampa and Grandmama for letting us stay at your place, next time she is staying with you guys and I'm staying at home with the free tv, no diaper changes and r&r...ha). She is starting to recognize things a little more, especially the sand and the ocean. We had the opportunity to sit her in the water and let the little waves rush over her, she seemed to like that a lot. Also, she loved digging in the sand with her toes. We took her to the pool each morning and the beach in the evenings. What amazes me about our little girl is how much she loves the water and the other children. She can be really shy around adults but when other children come around she wants to go right up to them. There was this family at the pool with their little boy and girl and Allie-Ann couldn't resist going up to the little boy to touch him. I had a hard time taking her away from the little boy so he could play and then she even started patting the daddy. I think she thought he was Kyle. She is just in awe of other kids so I think going to Ms. Wanda's next year will be a good thing. So, here are some pictures of the trip.

With my great auntie Debra

So this is how this shovel works..

With my Grammy




Waiting to go to the pool

2 comments:

ktbug said...

Where is she staying next school year? We are still looking for someone!

Anonymous said...

Casey and I enjoyed our day at the beach with ya'll. Allie-Ann is such a flirt with the boys. She was too funny trying to talk with all those little children at the pool. She's such a cutie-pie! Happy 9 Months, Allie-Ann!!!!!